I debated about whether to post this recipe because it’s so simple, it hardly even qualifies as a recipe. But sometimes those are the exact kinds of meal ideas we need, right? This Sheet Pan Broccoli and Sausage with Pasta is on my menu plan literally every week.
Every week? Every week!
I keep things fresh by switching up the vegetables–broccoli and cauliflower are my two favorites, but mushrooms, eggplant, zucchini, and green beans all work too. I roast the vegetables on a sheet pan together with vegan sausage–I love Tofurky’s Italian sausage and the Spinach Pesto variety for this.
Vegetarian sausage is one of my go-to methods for adding plant-based protein to a meal. Because they pack in a lot of protein! Most have between 20-30 grams for a single link thanks to the seitan and tofu they’re made with. You can up the protein even more by opting for a pasta made with bean flour.
While the broccoli and sausage is roasting, I cook the pasta–any kind will work!–and heat up the sauce. Divide everything up into bowls and you have a simple, wholesome dinner that comes together in minutes.
Photos by Lindsey Johnson
Sheet Pan Garlic Broccoli and Italian Sausage with Pasta
Yield 4 servings
This simple vegan pasta recipe will become a weeknight staple.
- 2 large crowns broccoli, broken into florets
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 vegetarian Italian sausages (like Tofurky), sliced into rounds
- 8 ounces dried pasta
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- Shaved parmesan and/or fresh basil or parsley for serving (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425ºF.
- Toss the broccoli and garlic with the olive oil on a sheet pan. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place the pan in the oven and roast for 10 minutes; put the sausage on the pan, toss again, and roast for 10 minutes more, or until the broccoli is tender and beginning to char in places.
- While the broccoli and sausage are cooking, cook the pasta according to package directions. Divide the pasta into 4 serving bowls, dry the pan, and heat the sauce in it until it's warm.
- Spoon the sauce over the pasta and divide the broccoli and sausage into the bowls. Garnish with cheese and herbs, if desired, and serve.
Courses Main Dishes
Serving Size 1/4 of recipe
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 15.2 g
Saturated Fat 1.1 g
Total Carbohydrates 58.1 g
Dietary Fiber 5.8 g
Sugars 8.2 g
Protein 24.6 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.