In my ongoing mission to make all the things with hemp seeds, I wondered if I could take my go-to raw vegan fudge recipe and swap the hazelnuts with one part hemp and one part cashews. This Dark Chocolate Hemp Turmeric Fudge is the result and it’s pretty much loaded with superfood goodness.
How much superfood goodness? Well, there’s:
- Raw cacao powder, which is a fantastic source of antioxidants and magnesium
- Hemp seeds, a great source of healthy fat and protein
- Turmeric, everyone’s favorite anti-inflammatory powerhouse
- Bee pollen, which is rich in vitamins and minerals, in addition to being a complete protein
Coconut oil may not be the superfood we thought it was, but in this fudge, it plays a crucial role–it gives the fudge that chewy, melt-in-your-mouth quality that makes traditional fudge so irresistible.
The ground turmeric gives this fudge a unique flavor that any golden milk fan will appreciate, but if you’re not keen on that, you can leave it out. And if you don’t have bee pollen on hand, you can omit it or top your fudge with something else instead: hemp seeds, cacao nibs, chia, or chopped nuts all work just fine.
Photos by Ana Stanciu
Dark Chocolate Hemp Turmeric Fudge with Bee Pollen
Yield 24 pieces
A chewy raw fudge that's packed with superfood ingredients.
- Line a small baking dish or large loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Combine all of the ingredients except the pollen in a food processor and process until the mixture is completely smooth. This might take several minutes, depending on the power of your food processor.
- Transfer the fudge mixture to the prepared baking dish and use a spatula to spread it into an even layer.
- Sprinkle the fudge with the bee pollen, then press down on the toppings a bit so they stick.
- Refrigerate the fudge until it's solid, then pull up the parchment to remove it from the baking dish and cut it into squares.
- Store the fudge in an airtight container in your refrigerator or freezer. (You can totally eat the fudge straight out of the freezer!)
If the coconut oil starts to separate from the rest of the mixture, continue to process until smooth, then place the bowl of your food processor in the refrigerator for 30 minutes. Stir or process again to mix the oil back in, then transfer to the prepared baking dish.
Serving Size 1 piece
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 4.8 g
Saturated Fat 0.4 g
Total Carbohydrates 4.8 g
Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
Sugars 2.5 g
Protein 2.2 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.