Raw Key Lime Pie
For the Crust
- 1¼ cups macadamia nuts
- 1¼ cups pecans
- ½ cup dried, pitted dates, soaked in water for 1 hour
- Pinch of salt
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
For the Filling
- 1½ cups fresh lime juice (from about 12 limes)
- 1 cup agave syrup
- ½ cup full-fat coconut milk
- 2 ripe avocados, halved, pitted, and peeled
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1¼ cups coconut oil
Make the crust:
- Lightly grease a 9-inch springform baking pan with coconut oil.
- Put the macadamia nuts, pecans, dates, salt, and vanilla in a food processor and process until the mixture is soft and easily workable. Press the mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan.
Make the filling:
- Put the lime juice, agave, coconut milk, avocados, vanilla, salt, and coconut oil in a high-speed blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour the filling over the crust, cover with plastic wrap, and freeze overnight. Thaw before serving.
Recipe by Hello Veggie at https://helloveggie.co/raw-key-lime-pie/